I was born far away (sometimes I think a different planet) from the small state of Vermont that I live in now. On the west coast, in San Diego is where I was born. I have had a pretty screwed up past, but I am doing things to improve my future.
I have had many hard times, but what person hasn't had their share of them?
I was adopted two weeks shy of my fifth birthday, and was abused by my adopted father. I was in and out of the state's custody most of my teen years having been placed in foster care, group homes, and even an institution before I was seventeen. There were seven fosterhomes, two group homes, a camp for troubled kids, and an institution in Pennsylvania.
Most of my adult life has been spent in the mental health system in some form or another. I have been on hundreds of different kinds of medications, and even conned into doing ECT. ECT is Electroconvulsive Shock Therapy.
I have a story to tell, and that is what I am planning to do...Tell my story so that others might learn and benifit from my experiences. I have spent a lot of time trying to educate the mental health, school, and Child Protective Services workers.
Who am I really to try and tell people how things should be done? I am a survivor of abuse, but also a survivor of the system. I have held my head towards the ground to long, and should speak out as I once did about what is going on.
I hope you take the time to listen. I hope that you can open your mind to the things that I am sharing, and take in a little bit of knowledge about the systems...Mental Health and Child Protective Services.
Thanks for your time and I will post again shortly. Next up... Being adopted, and my early years...
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment